Finger Lakes Area
The 1897 Beekman House is centrally located in Dundee, New York in the heart of Finger Lakes between Seneca Lake and Keuka Lake. You will discover breathtaking scenery which entails beautiful waterfalls, gorges, hiking trails, lakes, farm land and hills.
You will have easy access to wine tasting, hiking, racing, museums, theater, shopping, state parks, boating and golf. There is so much to enjoy that you will find yourself coming back again and again finding new adventures and treasures each visit.
- Wine Tasting – Savor all that the Finger Lakes has to offer by traversing our Keuka, Senecaand Cayuga Lake wine trails and participating in wine tastings at the variety of different wineries. Meet our winemakers, tour the vineyards and enjoy a glass of our internationally acclaimed Riesling to make your Finger Lakes vacation truly memorable. Learn more.
- Museums & Cultural Centers – More than just a wine tasting Utopia, the Finger Lakes also offer access to cultural and historical experiences for all ages. Learn the art of glassmaking at The Corning Museum of Glass, see the old west come alive at the Rockwell Museum of Western Art or experience Broadway at the Clemens Center. Learn more.
- Auto Racing – The iconic Watkins Glen International is nestled at the heart of Finger Lakes Wine Country, New York and hosts, each summer, IndyCar, NASCAR and the historical Watkins Glen Grand Prix. The Glen’s Thunder Road Tours and private car club racing throughout the year are great additions to any Finger Lakes vacation. Learn more.
- Shopping – Immortalize your Finger Lakes vacation, as you browse through charming specialty stores and antique shops to find local treasures and souvenirs. The quaint villages of the Finger Lakes offer both premier shopping centers and local vendors, making it easy to find something for everyone. Learn more.
- Windmill and Craft Market – Opening in 1987, The Windmill was the first farm and craft market in upstateNew York. Located on Route 14A,midway between Penn Yan andDundee, The Windmill has fast become a premier tourist attractionwith a weekly attendance exceeding 8,000 – 10,000 people.The Windmill Farm and Craft Market was originally formed as an outlet for local producers and craftsmen. Beginning with roughly 100 vendors, now in its 17th year, it plays host to more than 250 vendors and craftsmen every Saturday, boasting everything from farm fresh produce to on-site Chiropractic services.The 26-acre site houses three main buildings, a street of shops, and a produce shed all nestled among the pine trees. There are many picnic tables where you can relax and enjoy the delectable delights of the food vendors. Also, sidewalks throughout make for easy maneuverability of strollers and wheelchairs. Many people plan to spend the entire day at The Windmill and enjoy a picnic on the beautifully landscaped grounds. Flower gardens and a fish pond with water lilies add a touch of beauty. Learn More.
- Waterloo Premium Outlets – Save at over 100 stores including Brooks Bros., Coach, Eddie Bauer, Gap, J Crew, Jones NY, Liz Claiborne, Ralph Lauren, and more. Learn More.
- Aviation Adventure – Known as the Cradle of Aviation and the Soaring Capital of America, Finger Lakes Wine Country provides a variety of opportunities to experience flight: explore the National Soaring Museumor Glenn H. Curtiss Museum, ride in a sailplane, take to the air in a vintage airplane or learn about warplanes at Wings of Eagles Discovery Center. Learn more.
- Dining – There are many fine restaurants in the area. In addition to providing their menus with pricing, it will be our pleasure to make recommendations, or reservations when you arrive.
- Charter Sails on Historic Schooner – Discover Schooner Excursions, and the classic 1926 John Alden designed Schooner Malabar VII. Winner of The Newport/ Bermuda Race 1926! Malabar VII will be available for charter in Watkins Glen, NY from June 2009 to October 2009. Malabar VII has been sailing the Caribbean waters of St. Thomas since 1956 and was featured in the movie “High Society”. Her arrival in Watkins Glen is exciting. Be one of the first to sail Malabar VII in Watkins Glen. Learn More.
- Seneca Sailing Adventures – Charters aboard the Sailing Vessel, “Lee Sea Anne”. Regular charters of six people sailing daily (weather permitting) or reserve a private sail for your group of up to 6 people aboard the capable 38-foot Cutter rigged Pilothouse vessel. Let the experienced crew manage the ship while you unwind, or assist with trimming the sail, guiding the helm, and experience the exhilaration of sailing by your own hand – a memory you will always cherish. Learn More.
- Captain Bill’s Dinner Cruises – Sightseeing, lunch and dinner cruises daily on Seneca Lake.
- Esperanza Rose – Available for lunch, dinner and sightseeing private charters. Learn More.
- Universities – Ithaca College, Cornell University, Hobart/William Smith College, and Keuka College.
- Finger Lakes Artists – Artists Networks of Upstate New York, Inc. is a non-profit organization that has created seven web-based regional artist networks encompassing all of Upstate New York. The result is an expanding, integrated online directory of arts-related resources, including artists, artisans, shops, shows, art attractions, and organizations serving the arts. The directory listings are free and accessible for updating for all those who list with us. Learn More.
Fun Family Activities
- Discover The Corning Museum of Glass
- Explore the Rockwell Museum of Western Art
- Feel the thunder at Watkins Glen International
- Trolley through Mark Twain Country
- Take to the lakes with Seneca Sailing Adventures
- Experience history at the Glenn H. Curtiss Museum
- Count the 19 waterfalls in Watkins Glen State Park
- Spend the afternoon in Corning’s Gaffer District
- Enjoy the Windmill Farm & Craft Market
- Fly through the sky at the National Soaring Museum