Trip Advisor’s Certificate of Excellence Two Years Running!
Gerry and I have been blessed in many ways. We get to make new friends with every check in.
Now as we begin our third full season of service at the 1897 Beekman House Bed and Breakfast we have just received our second annual award for excellence from TripAdvisor.com, the website that most of our guests have told us that they search when looking for a place to stay.
We are both proud and thankful that our efforts to make this your “home away from home” seems to be working. Our humble thanks to all who have posted their reviews.
At the 1897 Beekman House Bed and Breakfast we’re planning some great additions for the new season. We’ll be updating our website a bit more to show you some of the experiences you can look forward to while you stay with us.
- Up, up and away….. From the Blogosphere to the ATMOSPHERE! We’re adding an exciting new package that will let you launch about a hundred yards from our back door and sail along with the wind at about 3000 feet! See the Finger Lakes from a totally different perspective! Liberty Balloon Company will be partnering with us to offer you that once in a lifetime experience. http://www.libertyballoon.com/
- Have you ever enjoyed sitting on our front porch with a glass of iced tea or a glass of Finger Lakes wine watching as the Mennonite horse drawn buggies trotted by? Ever wonder what its like from inside those buggies? Well we’ve made arrangements with a local Mennonite gentleman to take you and your special someone on a 45 minute ride through the surrounding country roads of beautiful Dundee.
- How about your personal chauffer driven wine tour? There’s no need for a designated driver! Whether you’re traveling as a couple or as four couples, there’s a special 5 or 6 hour wine tour just for you. Choose from a luxury town car, a van or a strech limo. We’ve arranged for some special rates and excellent service from Quality Wine Tours. http://www.qualitywinetours.com/
- Saddle up for a trail ride at Painted Bar Stables. http://paintedbarstables.com/ Whether you’re an experienced rider or have never been on a horse before, they have a horse that’s tailor made for you. They’ll learn about you and your experience and match you up with the right animal. We took our 9 and 11 year old granddaughters; neither had ever ridden a horse. With a bit of pre-ride coaching for the girls (and the grandparents too) we had a GREAT experience. The girls tried to talk their dad into remaking their garage so they could take Chico and Pepsi home with them! Wonderful memories are made every day at Painted Bar Stables. We’ll have some special rates for your special day there too!
- Feeling tense? Need to relax a bit? How about an in room massage for you, or better yet for the both of you? We have our massage therapists set up side by side tables for you in your room. Soothing music and pleasant aroma therapy will surround you as you both enjoy a relaxing massage. Let the stress just melt away without ever leaving the privacy of your room.
- Speaking of staying in, enjoy a personalized dining experience in our private dining room. We’ll design your menu around your likes and dislikes. From a simple bowl of soup or chili on the night of your arrival to a five course gourmet dinner with pairings of some premium Finger Lakes wines. Our chef was trained in the French culinary technique at the New England Culinary Institute, but is equally skilled in Italian and American cuisines. Everything is made from scratch on premises from the freshest and best ingredients available. Your personal chef will see to it that your dining experience is designed just for you.
- Fresh flowers, wine and cheese, a fruit basket or fresh strawberries dipped in luscious Belgian chocolate waiting for you in your room? Just ask! We can arrange just about anything you can think of.
- Enjoy some of our collection of Finger Lakes wines and distilled spirits. We’re one of the few area B&Bs with a NYS Liquor License. We can pour by the glass or open a bottle of the Finger Lake’s finest bubbly just for you.
- Watch for updates on our plans to offer special Wine and Food Pairing Events as well.
Details will appear soon on our website: http://1897beekmanhouse.com/
Cheers & Bon Appetite